Thursday, September 3, 2009

Down the memory lane...


I had a happy morning today. After the previous attempts, finally my letter got to see the light of the day in the Telegraph's main editorial section. I'm satisfied. But not overjoyed. Yes, because it's nothing new to me, after all. For the freshers, I used to pen down articles for the "T2" ~ the entertainment papyrus that is circulated with The Telegraph. And during that time only I realized that I had a spree in writing. As I had earlier stated, I never had he knack to go through the serious stuffs in the newspapers.And editorial section was a strictly no-no for me. Letters to Editor was confined for the intellectuals nad luckily some got their names flashed!!! ~ summed up my misbelievings!!
Umm.. it was in the month of January .. previous year only, I saw some of the letters of my acquaintances getting published!!!... Not a Big Deal..then..Man!!! I uncorked the digital ink and started penning down my thoughts on various issues..and yes..they got successively published as Letters of the Day..Week..bla bla..from the very first day!!! Things went quite good...but maybe I was turning a bit arrogant.. I guess...!!! Whatever I would be scribbling...would be an instant hit!!! ~ another misconception stuck my bloody head!!!..And I realized this when few articles of mine went non-published!!!! I learnt from my mistakes very soon though...but one article...I penned it down with care..and it is still close to my heart....failed to make a space for itself again!!! Maybe i was damn egoistic...I stopped penning down any such articles..and vowed not to write again!!!!
Well..well... dayz passed..and I realized my mistakes... I needed to improve from my side...and I backed myslef with the words ~ "try..try and u'you gonna be successful". This time I wanted to expand the horizon..and I made the main editorial section as my new target. And making quite a contrary to my previous venture , I failed to make a mark with my first one...my second one...and the third one ..!!!!!! But yes..I have improved myslef...I never gave up my hope... I expanded my attempts...though were few in numbers!!! But still...and by the way... within this span.. this lovely blogging bite has kept me pre-occupied. It's a refresher...I say. And certainly..I am having an affair with CTC... and why not... it is the only one who provides me the space to scribble and say...pouring down my emotions with my heart out...without protesting... it allows me to remain as I am.. Love ya..CTC..for giving me the space...
And today..while..I got to see the letter in the editorial section.. I felt..nostalgic..and yes..this was the space..where I had to say everything..simply everything.... And for many..who never saw my previous trysts with writing...I would be updating them..at this space..only.. \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment