Monday, September 28, 2009

THE PUJA DIARY'09


CHATURTHI

From the last year onwards, I have made it a point to kick off my puja extravaganza as soon as possible … the very central idea..to extract every inch of a happy moment that’s available around me…

We, the special 5 gang , planned to meet this day i.e. 22nd of September before any commitments turn up.. but zeeshan still missed out. Though it was a small session of a meeting… but was a nice one..venue was though a bit pathetic one.. a fair…!!!!!! I hate them like anything. But..whatever… with Kwality Wall’s Orange Stick in hand and browsing through pickle shops to toy shops , from Body Toning Instrument Shops to Candy shops , the evening session was fair enough. Sancho would be going out of station..so no chance of meeting her..and Pilu & Ali had a damn “busy” schedule..during the puja..ahem ahem… so.. at the end of the day… I felt nice ..that at least we managed today.

Umm.. maybe the digicam should have been there… but silly … batteries are not charged yet…anyways better luck next time.


PANCHAMI

Lots of reasons were for me to remain happy .. but of course..this year’s puja special wardrobe of mine made me feel excited. And yes, I was pretty confused while browsing through them.

Anyways… while the first half of the 23rd of September was nothing worth mentioning… the second half of the day was a planned outing by me and my partners in crime.. Borda, Amitava and Naveen. Had a quie good adda session followed by a quick session of pandal hopping. Sitting on the staircases of CC, Amitava joined a bit late. And when he turned up, a few minutes later, Anjan Dutta along with Neel and gang took the stage and gifted us a musical panchami evening. Was hungry a bit… thus..within a few minutes, Zinger burgers and Crushers were ordered.
Had a small walk after that… within the silent alleys of Salt Lake..and then we were back to our den.

SHASTI

24th was more of a family affair for me..as I had to accompany mamoni to a relative’s house for an invitation.. though there was a function too… for underprivileged children…missed it !!!! Anyways wrapping it off.. went straight to Gariahat..mamoni had some work. I was happy to catch up with Ekdalia, Singhi Park, Hindusthan Park in the meantime.
Was back quite early, but the rest of the evening went on with a chaos as I had to chalk out the next day plans.
Even if the day was not that good… to remember.. but nevertheless, it went fine.

SAPTAMI

Its morning … 10’o clock of the 25 th… still I am quite unsure about the morning venture. Still not sure who’s going to turn up and who’s not. Finally, at 12’o clock , our Seven member gang boarded two autorickshaws and went out for the Salt Lake pandal hopping. Yes. I turned out to be the tour guide and we did land up at some of the best pujas of the area with some eye catching themes served for the viewers by the block committees.
Reaching FD .. people were damn hungry and the smell of the “bhog” accelerated the hunger; and straightaway we landed to HANGOUT. Biriyani to Pasta , Murgh Masallam to Ghost Rogan Josh - everything gulped up. With a “Misti Pan” , we signed off from CC and move towards Sribhumi and Lake Town. It was the end of the episode there with the gang logging out for their respective den approximately at 6’o clock.
Took half an hour rest and an instant plan was made. Para friends and me are going out with family. Lovely. Moved to Bagbazar and some adjacent areas, Jumped into Mitali Sangha and some more and was back by 10. Hmm. Quite a Day.


ASHTAMI

Gearing up with the traditional attires for the “pushpanjali “ session ; went to pandal around 10:30 am and finished it off in the first batch. The Crowd seemed to increase as the hands of the clock progressed. Basically, I remain a bit aloof from my block.. thus its on the day of puja, I realize the “vast population” of my para. And it seems , its increasing with each year. On the other hand, what pinches me more ~ Well.. I never realized the such damozels resided here. It’s fun to catch a glimpse of them. Ahem Ahem.

As usual, had the lunch invitation at Choco’s Lansdown residence. Meanwhile Zeeshan was back yesterday. We two jumped in the bus around 12 and went straight , though suffering with the hiccups in traffic. Reaching around 2 ‘o clock.. had lunch served up..and it was damn tasty, man. “Bhaat..Dal.. Phulkopi..AlooBhaja..Chutney…aah khaye monta bhore gelo re paglaaa..”
Lazed during the noon session … and had a good adda with everybody out there.
During the evening hours we caught up with Sravanti Di’s gang finally at her para…and moved out to Deshapriya Park for the Rides. Visit to Café Coffee Day was the last piece of our adda zone . It was great to catch up with them after a long time and after the gala chat session, we moved out from there at 9 approx . But, whether it was moving in or moving out, catching cabs was the ultimate headache. Phew!!! At last , got in a bus and with some breaks, finally was back at home at 12’o clock!! Oops..!!! 26th was a bit too much!!!
(Meanwhile India lost to Pakistan… in the Group League… not the perfect Ashtami … that’s why..!!! )

NABAMI

It’s a bit sad - the 27th of September. Ma is going to leave tomorrow. Again making us wait for quite a long time. Because I heard that Puja is in late Octobers. Shrugging it off… I accompanied Nilanjan and Co. to Dum Dum Park and Sribhumi. Initially , I was feeling a bit too lazy but anyways, after the morning tour I felt good. Lunch was done back at the community hall. Food was too good and beyond my expectations.
Then a sudden plan cropped up. Baba, Mamoni and Me took a break from Kolkata crowd for a while and straightaway drove to Shaktigarh. A 4 hour up and down journey for the famous “lyangcha” was the USP of the day.
Mou Mashi and gang joined mamoni and me during the evening and it was a dinner again at Hang Out. Initially, everybody was geared up for a night out.. but eventually a visit to FD block was enough for all of us. The Hang over is still on. Maybe I had the energy but still I thought it was wise to give a break now for my later commitments. So, back to bed at 2:30 am. Snoring!!!!

DASHAMI

Yes. Today. It is. The curtains are finally coming down tonite. The festival … which we wait for with a bathing breadth is finally over. From today , Idols would be marching off for “Bhashan”. The creative works would be moved out from their place, many of them destroyed. This is what I feel about the whole idea. Anyways, I do not have an alternative idea though.
I woke up at 11’o clock today. Lot of work up to wrap off. Finishing off with the breakfast, I did all those bits and pieces of work and organizing and arranging the whole house. Finally, life needs to come back to its original track. And yep, I am scribbling down all in my diary … finally. This was the last piece of work remaining for today.

Shubho Bijoya-r priti o suveccha janai shobbike. Boroder ke pronaam janai amar ei chotto jaigati theke. Shobai valo thakben.

And yes, I am signing off for now. Maybe I will catch up with Ind-Aus Match now. Take Care , People.

aar..aar… AASCHE BOCHOR ABAR HOBBE..

No comments:

Post a Comment