Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Days That Were....


Aah..back again.. I guess the longest gap till date taken by me.. could not really help.. thanks to those few commitments!!! Of course.. I’m loving them… and a special thanks to Amitava too…truly buddy..I dunno remember whether I did such tedious research work earlier on the net or not….
On the other hand..I was missing the space..truly…anyways.finally I’m back…
And yes..I was happy to see my other letter getting published… yup..the feel good factor was there…and I’m happy about the Indian Cricket Team. Finally, a finale to thrash the Lankans..!!! But I do feel bad..missing a major portion of the game..yup Sachin’s brilliant knock…but anyways I tried to make it up with Bhajji’s performance. Truly, it just gives you a feeling beyond words..to see India lifting a trophy…and did you notice the first digital trophy..yup..concept was cool..and I feel proud that Dhoni and his men were the first to lift it..!!! Kudos..!!! I was damn disheartened to see India’s polite surrender in the group league to Sri Lanka…and succumbed by superstition I did not feel like watching the finals. Anyways, after seeing Indians defending 320.. I shrugged off the superstition.!!!
Oh meanwhile..after loitering around with few of the new ones, I finally watched “Kambakkht Ishq” and “Love Aaj Kal” …relaxing back at home… to be frank.. I quite liked the movies..( surprisingly)…maybe because it was a free of cost affair…who knows!! And Saif .. you rock man..!!! On the other hand.. I finished off with “Night at the Museum II “… and yup..it did stand beyond my expectation..!!! The conceptulisation in merging Napolean with Al Capone …and from mini Einsteins to Abraham Lincoln needs a standing ovation..!!! And the winners : Cupids doing a “MY HEART WILL GO ON” and the man from 1800 BC screwing up the cell phone..!!!
Apart..there were few funny recognitions that went on. Yesterday while returning home.. a man caught up with me.. “Kya hero!! Kya haal hain..??? I looked back.and sideways…”Was that intended for me..???”.. Carrying a blank expression throughout, I heard the man saying..he used to work in a courier service that was given on a rent .adjacent to my house; he continued..”arrey tum sab doston ke saath cricket khelte the… yaad hain..hum bhi tum log ko sath kabhi khel liya karta tha… “…True that my gang used to line up in my alley ..and faintly I could remember there was a courier service… !!! The man left..dissapointed… I shouted back ”softly”… “khair..mind mat kijiyega…”..!!!!! And on the previous weekend, a boy of my tuition class asked.. “Tumi Netaji Subhash-e porte toh??? “… “Hyan..but..tumi…????”..instant reply from my side…. And I ended up knowing he was a senior from my college..!!!! Oh God..it’s a case of Amnesia..!!!!

But in the middle of everything.. I’m quite disturbed….one thought haunts me nowadays… is the call of TCS…sounds better or belling the “billi”..!!! I’m quite torn apart with some scrambled thoughts..I hope I recover..!!! The AIMCAT’s surely are not promising nowadays..!!!!

Whatever.. I feel I should be recovering..at least for the coming days… after all it’s the season that we all Kolkattans have been looking forward too…But but.. did you notice the grandeur and popularity in Biswakarma pujas …woo… I never knew Biswakarma puja could be this big.!!!!! Anyways…Biswakarma puja…Eid…and now its Durga Puja time… a festive season all the way… wishing you and all happy and joyous days ahead… have loadzzz of fun… nd yeps…HAPPY CHATURTHI..!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment