Tuesday, August 18, 2009

TESTIMONIAL OF MY BUDDAY chana..

A thanksgiving I promised to this old buddy of mine. Finally got my digital ink uncorked to scribble down some thoughts for this kid. An apology I take, beforehand , if my thoughts do not get perfectly sketched down; but without any doubts the feelings that I will mix n match are true from the core.
Yes, this note is dedicated to our most beloved “nano babu” Kinjal Kumar Das. Fine..I unveil this name today here in this space to describe my beloved tiny friend. Boy, take it as a compliment.Hee Hee. And yes , Why did I promise him to present a note? Well, well…. Simply because he turned out to be my accomplice in those early days of college …yup the partner in crime in bunking classes to catch movies , hanging up at the foodie zones and yes, many more.
But this not a note to carry out his flaws and laws in life, neither his pranks or ranks in class; it is a simple memorabilia of those 3rd August birthday bashes from the beloved Kinjal mamu.Why do I remember his ? Well..I got invited to the very first bash of his after the college session got started while the ties have just started to grow ; quite an early stage of friendship I would rather say… and still getting an invitation was completely out of the blue issue for me. Whatever, I was damn excited. And yes , the 3rd Augusts became a straight away blockbuster from the word go. And why not, when the star cast was so perfect…!!!! Lolzz..!!!

Cut.Action.

Scene 1 .
Date: 3 rd August 2006 ~ Time: 1 PM approx ~ Venue : Menoka Cinema Hall & the forgotten Restaurant

“What the f**k..!!!! I do not know the exact location.Absolute shit for these novice!!! “… I said to myself. And Arka seems to give a smile in despair. Boo hoo…!!!! I’m sweating..!!!! Gotta reach for Omkara …and we are running late. Damn it… first time extravaganza to an outing zone so unknown..!!!God..!!!! “Fine..no issues..will ask the local people for guiding us”…I console myself. Yes , Sir.. Arka and me have least idea of the route to Menoka from Ultadunga and still upbeat to catch the movie and gulp the treat. Arka is still on a silent mode. The Anandamela stoppage at Gariahat was our first stop.We left the bus to march off to Golpark.Umm..how far is that..???
“Ask the Aunty..What say”…. I reply “ Good One. Arka”.
“What is the mode of transport ..bus or auto…I need to reach Golpark”…
“Crap!!!! You kids…take a walk..it is visible from here…you people ask transport ????..huh…”….

Run I said to myself.And dragged Arka. We didn’t know whether to laugh or feel embarrassed !!!! I just took a quick look at that lady . She had an awkward facial expression. Of course, she was puzzled to encounter two clowns in the mid day..!!!! Anyways.. I guess..it’s over.!!!!

Walking with large steps indeed … phone calls got exchanged with kinjal … the more he says we are near to the movie hall, the more far it seems. God..!!10 minutes have flied away….Where is the damn hall..?????

“Cab..That will be of a help “…Arka’s instant suggestion. The cab driver instantly agreed as I abided by Arka’s words. And the irony again. Just 2 min ..and we were in front of the hall..!!!!!! I looked at Arka. Arka looked back at me. Now we could not stop laughing. And asked..”what’s more in stock”…!!!!!!!

Well..Avi and Sohini were waiting for quite a long time.. and that mini brat..was still late.Anyways ,luck at last shone upon us.Kinjal was in.And so were we. Accompanied with the birthday boy , it was a grand movie watching session followed by a voluptuous treat at a restaurant down south. Umm..sorry bro.. after all these hiccups , the restaurant name is no more etched in my silly memory.

Wow..!!! What a day it was..!!!! And yes , the joyride has begun.

Cut.Action.

Scene 2.
Date
: 3rd August 2007 ~ Time : 1 Pm ..(I guess so) ~ Venue : Big Boss , Tyangra.

Zeeshi accompanied me, wasn’t it. Correct me..boy..if I go wrong. Well, reached the Park Circus crossing. Late as usual. Birthday boy geared up with his other invitees reached the crossing. Teamed up with them. And way to go..off to Big Boss. Well, not really in a mood to name those “celebrity guests” who got invited..phew..!!!!! Luckily , no massacre this time..of course by ME..!!!! Thanks to my responsible accomplices and guides.

Wine for ladies.Gents stayed away. Chinese dishes garlanded our table.Umm..lovely. Again a superb venture by Kinjal mamu . Outstanding..superbb..excellent…mindblowing..history…umm…mumtaz…hi hi..!!!!

Well.. I still loved the way I gulped my last piece of chicken..when everyone’s plate touched the empty zone. How jealous they felt…I empathize (..I’m ridiculing baby)…

Burpp..!!!! Aha ..we are Full…what next…???... Another venture.new one for me though. Some of us caught up with Choco and within few minutes we were in his home. Music… umm..umm..Truth or Dare…. Well quite a few activities jammed up our session..!!!!

Oh..!!!Evening is approaching…time’s up..Mom on the phone. Yeshh..mamoni.. I’m nearby.

Cut.Action.

Scene 3.
Date : 3rd August 2008 ~ Time : 12:30 apprx ~ Venue : Kinjal’s den @ Bhawanipur

Phew..!!!damn memorable..!!!!

(Preamble : our gang had browsed through the alleys of New market to pick up the goodies for the budday boy. Frankly , I’ve forgotten the previous year gifts…but maybe “Fanaa” was a part of one..wasn’t it…Umm..anyways, everything went well with a nice packaging from my side…but the Wrist Watch broke my trust…L )

Well Borda and me…teamed up at Ultadunga…joined Raihan and Choco at Gariahat…and without any hassles , we were in. Thanks Chockz. And it comprised one of my rare visit to the old paras of Kolkata. I loved it. The roads, the buildings different in their appearances excited the optic nerve.. I must admit. So, is Kinjal’s sweet den , structured in the old fashion but renovated few months back. Loved your house , buddy seriously.

But..but…but…the USP was neither the old para..nor Kinjal’s house…it was Kakimaaaa…!!!!!!!! Huh..!!!
Lunch time with Biriyani…yummie…..!!!! Yummiee..??? Gr888…… Have it once more…come on..you are young kids…another scoop…Oh loadz there in the kitchen..who gonna eat….just one more..chicken…have rice…come on..you can..!!!!!!

Stoppp…!!!!!!!!Kakima..!!!!! thoda toh rehem karo..!!!!! L…. Well..kakima ‘s hand was on with full acceleration…completely ecstatic at our presence ..and we were bowled out..!!!! Even Borda and Choco..!!!!! Strange..yet so true..!!!!

( But…Thank You Kakima..for the lovely Biriyani… it was awesome!!!!)

Well, no options were left other than laying down our body in Kinjal’s drawing room..after such an “unauthorized MOGHUL attack”… Burp…Burp..Burp..Burp…endless..!!!!! Skipping the TV channels after channels.. with chits and chats …the lazy afternoon was quite spiced up…..

Tring!!!Tring!!!..Game over…another dusk of 3rd August approaches….A bit of walk…then Metro..couple of miles in Auto…Another bit of walking…Back to the pavilion..!!!!


Cut. Action.

Scene 4 :
Date : 9th August 2009 ~ Time : 2:00 pm apprx ~ Venue : Kinjal’s den @ Bhawanipur

(Preamble : 1.The Host has rescheduled the 3rd August invitation due to certain “not-so” unavoidable circumstances. LOL!! Anyways , excused for your appointments dear!!!
2. Sanchita, Paulami and me have decided to take up some strategy for 9th ; of course to defend KAKIMA’s scoopful attacks)

I’ve grown up , Daddy. Traveled straight to Kinjal’s home without any guide. It was exclusively me..!!!!! Claps for me..anybody????..Whatever , I was late,,due to my classes..yes horribly late..to turn up as the last guest in that entitled list..!!!

Kakima gave a broad smile at my presence. But I was simply sketching my game strategy…at the lunch session!!!Anyways , fried rice served hot with chicken were served soon..and yes Kakima was back on track..!!!!!!! Kick off you strategy..!!!!!All went in vain..!!!!!! And we were still the same , scenario as it was a year back…!!!!

Mamu had his machine on to cool us off…..thankz buddy..!!!! And we felt better. Tummy seems to burst out; but somehow we managed.
Gradually , with our laughathons we were back in form…and some already done with their siestas … we jumped up for another grand photo shoot extravaganza…. Big one for the first time at Kinjal’s budday bash…(Yup..I’m cherishing them still.now..lovely)

Another grand episode comes to an end.

CURTAIN.

4 instances. Memory for my lifetime. And wait a minute.I suddenly realize, while I touch the last leg of this passage…I’m that sole guy who was present in all these four occasions till date. Yes, there were many invitees , and they had missed out on one or two instances. Aha, feeling more special. Wow..I was a part of each and every celebration. Kudos to me. Without any doubts, 3rd August has become special in my yearbook.

So…3rd AUGUST 2010 is beckoning..!!!! Yes..mamu..the countdown has begun..!!!!! I’m gearing up..

2 comments:

  1. very enjoyable read...got reminded of the first two years of my college life. my bdays used to be such fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnku thnku darling............muaaaaaaaahhhh. hvnt really thought dat u'll pen down ur ideas on ma brthday.its lovelyyyy.its fascntng to hv a frnd like u in life. Simply......overwhelmed

    ReplyDelete