Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Faalein .. Fahid tu toh fatafatii hain.!!!!

Oops..so sorry..!!!! Just got the Charlie “bite” right on my tongue.!!! Arre..Talent aache bhai..bole toh labh nei…simply kapiye diyechho ..!!!!!!Tukhor acting..!!!

Am I sounding bizarre? Umm..I stop then.!!! It’s just that I’m back from Inox after seeing Shahid Kapoor nd Co. ~z “Kaminey”panti..!!!!! And I’m bowled over by the neat execution of characters that uphold the spirit of “Kaminey”.

It has been a long time. The last time was Billu. After a long gap of 6 months, I’m back in the plexes with my popcorn tub and coke. And it felt good to catch a good movie after such a long time. The disappointing factor was ~ it was simply a “good” movie and nothing more. The expectation went down after the 2 hours 30 min approximate extravaganza. Anyways, will come to the explanation on expectation later on. I’m simply excited to pen down my first movie review in my very own space !!!!!

Though 5 minutes late , I thought that maybe I would miss a thing or two from the beginning. But that didn’t really bother. The story was woven around the typical 70’s theme of two brother getting separated in their childhood , both growing up in different environment ; thus one good Shahid “Guddu” Kapoor rises from one end while Shahid “Charlie” Kapoor at the other end and finally at the climax , Happy the Endings. The plot has been thrown within the genre of betting and gang war in “ amchi Mumbai” ~ a common affair of the city. So , the script really had nothing new to offer . Old saying goes for this : Old wine in a new Bottle.

Keep the old wine aside. The new Bottle is what that can drive the audience ‘s attention towards the movie. And that is the beautiful execution of the characters and splendid show of acing caliber. I’m confused a bit..umm..with whom should I start?? Well , let’s start with the central character only around whom the story has been woven .
Shahid has shown he is class apart. His chameleon act in the forms of Guddu (the good guy) and Charlie ( the notorious criminal) needs a standing ovation. He portrayed the two characters in such a fine manner ..you would never feel as if both the roles have been enacted by Shahid himself. So distinct and clear. He stands tall and without any doubt , he is the pillar of strength in this film. This work would remain as one of his best venture throughout his career.. I challenge. I take a bow (and especially after those visuals of your flexing of muscles..!!!Kudos)…
Next is Piggy Chops in the review avenue. And she is WOW!!! Again a brilliant piece of work. Fashion, Dostana and now Kaminey. Successively putting up such work makes it look so effortless job. Such is her capacity. And she is continuously developing herself as one of the fine actresses on Indian film industry. Piggy “Sweety” Chopz never really seemed to be just the hero’s heroine .. but one of the main protagonist and she uses her prescribed space damn efficiently. The scenes : excitement in Pri Chopra’s eyes when Shahid Kappor finally agrees to marry her ; tackling the goons during her marriage party or just before the climax ~ are some of them : HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!
Next in the ladder is Amol Gupte. Is he the same man behind “Taaren Zameen Par”??? I just wondered while I watched the whole movie. He seemed to be such a shy guy in those ward functions, it seemed. But no. Totally wrong … I was proved as this “bad man of Maharashtra “ took over the screen by storm. What a performance…simply overwhelming. Each of the frames are brilliant whichever belonged to him as he capitalized on it and delivered the finest of the acting skills. I’ve become your fan ,tubelight..( whatever.. you say.)..Sir..!!!!
No more discrimination required now..as all other people did have few screen spaces and yes, they were good. Again , this guy..Chandan Roy Sanyal (Charlie’s buddy) stands tall within them . Just today only I got to know his name in the t2. He made a fine debut with his “mad mad baady” act…!!! A bit of disappointment was : Rajatave Dutta was wasted. I expected a bigger and better prominence ,anyways maybe next time.

No more talks regarding Music. Already it is a chartbuster. Vishal Bharadwaj~ the music director can just do magic. And no exceptions here too. And as I move along , his directorial skill is way above my critical analysis. Only that this time , he has commercialized his story telling and thus a bit of change in direction. But even after such an appreciation..why do I say only “good” to this movie..???? Simply because, after Maqbool and Omkara , you easly hace your expectations geared up high. Though both of his masterpieces are adapted..but certainly getting them executed with the background of India was highly commendable job. But this time, as the script had no adaptation…it falls quite flat. It just do not match up with the earlier masterpieces. The characters are the only saviors in this plot!!!

Even today …the Lyangda Tyagi that Vishal created out of the metro sexual guy remains as one of the finest characters in the history of Indian Cinema. Yes , as Mr. Bharadwaj can spell magic with his creation of characters… so I do expect the same magic to thrive upon the story telling too.

[Meanwhile , I do have a tendency to read or hear the movie reviews from the esteemed film critics before I go for a movie. They warned that the movie had lots of twists and turns and you need to give a full on concentration or else you may miss out a big part. I remained cautious all along the movie after those precautionary notes. Neither did I find such “twists and turns “ nor did it seem that I miss a big part ( even though I was late..as I told you)!!!! I got confused : Who was dumb? Me ..or They? Anyways… ]

And while I sign off ….. Sss.ssssshahid Kapoor… tumi jjjjhhhhakasss..!!!!!!! Oops..this is the Guddu bite..!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment