Saturday, July 18, 2009

SRK n ME....


Well well here I am..this is me…I mean I have splashed myself in the zone so close to my heart… into the space which I longed to create ; and after all this space would have remained incomplete if I would not have penned down my thoughts over this individual known as Shah Rukh Khan. As I have started scribbling down , I am feeling damn elated..and why not ? I am starting to pen down my thoughts upon one of those few individuals I adore the most….

Way back in 1995 , I started to rise above the Cartoon Network level..umm 7 + age …and take a plunge into the Bolly world (quite early it is though…happens..lolzz) , I had my first brush up with a new upcoming movie titled “Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge “…I got the opportunity to hear few tracks (though they were too few at that time) and within a short span, I have started humming them..I have just fallen in love with those playlists… And the interesting part was : You purchase a Nivea Body lotion and get a DDLJ cassette for free…and yes I got two of them!!!! Hurrah..I’m the owner of 3 DDLJ cassettes…(though later my mom gave away one to a relative of ours..sob sob)…
But well that is where it got restricted : Because I was not allowed to see Hindi movies at that age…so had to be contended with the cassettes. And yes , that was the time : an affinity has grown over those individuals “RAJ” and “SIMRAN”…

And today while I trace down the path..some memories of those 90’s are not so vivid…but yes I was right up there to purchase the soundtracks..but movie at the plexed: Strict No-No!!!! And flicks as they came by ..Baazigar…Darr..Kuch Kuch Hota Hain…Dil To Pagal Hain…picking up those blockbusters or bloopers like Yes Boss, Duplicate, Baadshah etc, whatever be the box office results I had developed my wild craze over King Khan!!!! And yes, I was catching up with some of the flicks in my television as far as I could..come on ..It’s high time!!!

But yes of course , I did know Shah Rukh Khan when he was neither the Baadshah nor the King Khan of Bollywood. It was way back in the serial called “Circus” ; didn’t really notice the lean figured guy out there…but yes of course I loved the serial and would catch up with my mom!!!! Anyways the tenure is quite short.

Umm..well it was with the arrival of millennium, that I got a promotion to catch the movies “legally”!!!...so it was with “Phir Bhi Dil Hain Hindustani” to “Josh” followed by “Mohabbatein” that got into my viewing kitty…and yes from that time on , I have started my crash course in Bollywood…. My general knowledge.. well got an upthurst which sees no decay till date….thanks to ‘Sir’ Shah Rukh Khan….

Now , my collection extends from cassetted to audio CD’s to VCD’s even extending to DVD’s of his flicks!!!!

With each passing day as I got to know more about this famous personality , the respect got higher and higher…. I salute such an individual…
Coming from a lower middle class family …with no film background, the way he steered into the hearts of millions of people above the world and geared his way to the pinnacle of success is definitely a lesson to learn about. Many people may not pay respect to the world of cinema and correspondingly the journey of such individuals; but while I go through the pieces which talks about the struggles and journey of Shah Rukh Khan to become “SRK” is worth applaud able and more. I do not know whether I would be able to follow such difficult footsteps and reach my perfect destination or not…but yes I would love to strive those challenges to stand successfully on my own feet.
His Life somewhat followed a typical Bolly script of Rags to Riches; but fairy tales can be easily sketched down not the reality. Hats off to that individual who could create “Mannat “ for him on this planet Earth!!!

Bollywood has always inspired the young league of our country to get hold of those latest style statements ; and our very own SRK has led the way in a dominating way ..inspiring people to dive for those Baazigar ‘glasses’ to Mohabbatein ones , to build up the craze for the Short Kurta and yes of course , I tried to imitate as far as I could; and few days ago the nation went crazy for those “SIX PACKS”… surely a Youth Icon all the way….(yes he does nowadays get a tough competition from the youngsters of the industry,but still he reigns)..

The Brand Name “SRK” has got a different value in altogether… as many Companies tie him up as The Brand Ambassador of their respective products and yes of course , the brand sells!!!! Other than all these modeling assignments, he has been part of many esteemed companies to enhance their brand value ; and very recently he has appointed as a Quiz master in one of the private B-school Of India. He has given a newer dimension to the TV Game Shows as he hosted them with grace and charm peppered with bits and pieces of wittiness to make it a dish for 6 to 60.

Honored with various award for his immense achievement in the world of cinema and representing India in the global market , He is second to none for me. And it is not his professional life that he has balanced so well, but also his own personal life leading to a very successful marriage and a happy family of four which the country talks aboutl.

He has been one of the successful business personality in this country with his home production “Red Chillies “ churning out some biggies…. Ohh..loved them!!!! And with his own camp of Yash Chopra, Karan Johar, Faran Khan – he has scribed a kingdom for himself in the bolly town.
His love for Cricket has been the biggest gift for me..as he took over the franchisee of Kolkata Knight Riders.. and with Bengalis like me could not have asked for more!!!! True, I feel sorry for the team’s condition but I empathize more with SRK than with the team… I am damn happy to see his dancing in the crowd as Akhtar plucks those wickets or feel depressed whenever he is down with seeing the team’s performance…..matter of fact: I left watching IPL after SRK left South Africa , indeed a bit senseless stuff but yes, I could not help either!!!

The Media compares, many a times criticizes , for the strife SRK faces with his contemporaries or others ; but as a true SRK fan I can simply say you cannot measure the stature of this personality. I have respect for those created a place for themselves because of the tough challenges they face in making their way out to success; and thus I feel no one should be compared in those harsh languages as each have their own niche. SRK still thus have his kingdom well maintained, as seen through my eyes but the harsh world always throws him in the rat race….so what???? He is Shah Rukh Khan..and yes, the name says
it all!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Words Coming Out Like Water From A Broken Dam Direct From A True Fan's Heart ...... Full Of Passion, Emotion, Excitement, Love For His One And Only Dream Celebrity Super Hero "SRK" ...... You Have Poured All The Pure Affection Towards "SRK" In This Writing ..... There Is No False Show Off .... Only A True Fan Can Understand The Depth Of This Intimate Display Of Love Of You Towards Your Idol "SRK" ...... You Described The Long Never Ending Exciting Career Of "SRK" Not A Brief Organized Way ..... Even It Is Very Difficult To Sum Up The Whole Wonderful Life Work Of "SRK" In Less Than A Book But You Dis A Wonderful Job ..... You Have Touched All The Major Achievement Of His Life One BY One ...... As A Fan Of "SRK" Myself I Really Enjoyed Reading This ' Short But Long Enough To Be Remembered For A Long Time ' Extraction From Your Heart ..... Hope To Read More .......

    Have A Nice Day ........ :)

    ReplyDelete