Sunday, July 12, 2009

REFRESHMENT GUARANTEED!!!!




Ah!Alas! Back to the lappy of the mountains… I felt like doing some bungee jumping outta dere…!!! Ohh..it was relief…relief from the daily chaos….relief from the daily doses of “entertainment”… relief from the enchained city life…!!! And finally got the opportunity to set myself loose in the serene beauty of nature clamped with whistling breeze and the mesmerizing weather..it was a gift from heaven.. believe me..

No..it’s not my first roller coaster ride in the mountains… but coming back after six years do make a difference..and for me it’s a lot..!!!! Stranded in the city or hitting back to the sea..the chord of monotony was getting struck a number of times …. So this change was simply ..umm..one word..well..”Jhaaakkaasss..!!!! “

The five day trip couldn’t really quench the thirst..but anyways as the saying goes “ good things in life come in small packets “ … so I’m happy… even the journey in the non AC sleeper classes during the early June didn’t bother me either…fun to have a huge gang with me and simply that added a feather in the cap..!!!!
And of course how can I forget the packing saga of my travel bags!!!! Mom and me were still not sure that very morning whether we should go or not (after all the exams were creeping in)..!!!! Then a sudden stroke changed and fixed up our mind..we were ready to leave..and now I really feel the momentary decision was applaud able.

I won’t write down a diary sort of thing out here..well not in a mood to do so..but would touch down on the points sequentially as far I could recall out….(thank God!! I’m not struck by short term memory losses..!!!)
Boarding the train on Monday evening made us reach New Jalpaiguri station the very next morning followed by a five hour long trip by road to our destination ~ PELLING..yes that is where lied our destination. A tiring journey all day accompanied with a tedious search for hotel left no scope for a mood to stroll in the city but to sit back and relax in our respective hotel rooms… aah it was lovely!!! Meanwhile we had our hotel bookings done though , but later found out the place to be a HELL rather than resting place.!!! Thank God , my Mom made it possible.

Traveling menu card was placed with a Safari as a starter to accommodate 11 of us.. the Khechipedi Wish Lake , The Rimbi Garden and the Fall constituted the
dishes for the day and yes, we loved each one of them. The Lake preserved inside the lap of the valley had a divine beauty in itself .. spent an hour out there to catch up the fascinating of the lot..The Rimbi Rock garden!! I wished to stay there..to set up camp and stay for days..if only I could.. The fascinating flower garden proceeded by the water stream directly descending from the Rimbi Fall had all the ingredients to make it a pleasure for your eyes.. I bet once you are there ,you are going to feel the same. It simply outscored other places with it appeal and that is the simple reason I fixed up the photo captured in the midst of it right up there…. I couldn’t get the reason for a ten buck entry fee before I entered but when I made an exit from there , I simply could say it was Priceless!!!
It was then back to the resting ground and a pure Bengali lunch to heal the appetite. Delicious.
The upper Pelling was our den.. a Helipad few metres away from the hotel basically captivated the true essence and true beauty of Pelling : the view of the surrounding Kanchanjunga mountain range ..awesome!!!!!! You couldn’t have asked for a better place. I swear. Though the cloud hindered the sight..but still some glimpses could be managed but the very next morning it was a treat for the eyes ~ the ice capped snow peaks resembling vanilla Ice cream coated over with chocolate syrup ..slurppppp……
It was kind of mountain trekking on that very morning…walked some two miles over steep slopes of an adjacent hill to reach a monastery up a the top… my first visit to a monastery…gazed at those rituals being conducted by the priests and disciples.Quite interesting. Later half of the day comprised a visit to te Asia’s second largest hanging bridge while the time consuming one was the visit to Kanchanjunga Falls ~ picture perfect. The roar of the water fall amidst the shallow trenches of mountain had an exceptional feel to it ~ truly serene and class apart.

Wish I could write some more … well I’m loosing out of my vocabs..now seriously !!!!..Nature can’t be expressed in words.. it can’t be tied within the figures of speech…because it as no boundaries within which it can be captivated…so the more I go on writing…the less it would appear…

Though the evening hours got occupied in striding through the so called market places out there…and gorging on Momos …it was really a compact trip bundled with oodles of refreshment…

Saturday morning saw me back home…with the mixed bag of emotions playing around in my mind…. Well wish to go back soon … fingers crossed!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have never been to such place, but your mesmeric experience being beautifully and carefully put into words clearly depicts the exquisite resplendent environment and serenity of nature.
    You have been lucky to have such an indelible experience which according to Wordsworth will:
    "flash upon thy inward eye" and be the "bliss of solitude" in your pensive moods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude i swear i have been to such a place before but the way u have written down ur thots here are simply fantastic n it shows awesome use of simple english words to describe nature and its beauty at its best... More than the place ur blog deserves a appreciation from me were in i have never any such thing in such a compact way...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankzz a loadzziee to both of u.. :)

    ReplyDelete